Chapter # 297
The Right Choice!!
We are the largest, congressionally chartered
veterans service organization
exclusively devoted to Vietnam-era veterans and their families.
LOCAL CHAPTERS PROVIDE OPPORTUNITIES:
- Make New Friends, learn new skills, and network.
- Make A Difference working with hospitalized vets and youth.
- Keep Informed on issues important to you and your family
- Be A Recognized and respected player in your community.
WE ARE LEADING THE CHALLENGE
to do what's right for America and its veterans.
VVA USES THE SHARED VISION OF OUR MEMBERSHIP TO:
- Aggressively advocate on issues important to veterans
- Provide programs and services that improve the well-being of
all veterans and their families
- Serve our communities
- Help build a future filled with hope and self-esteem for all
Vietnam-era veterans and their families
- Support VVA as it continues to champion needy causes
- Helping vets and their families get the VA benefits to which
they are entitled
- Advocating quality care for minorities and women veterans at
- Continuing the search for the fullest possible accounting of
- Participating in education and homeless programs.
VVA's Proud History
Started in 1978 when Vietnam-era veterans realized that we could no
longer allow others to make important decisions for us; therefore, we
joined together in one strong, united voice:
- to change public perception about who we are-then and now-and
urge society to separate the war from the warrior.
- to ensure the physical and mental wounds of vets are treated
properly and in a timely manner.
- to share the friendships and experiences that were started
while in uniform.
Page Last Updated: April 10, 2001